Tuesday, April 27, 2010

query contest

Authonomy update: 93 :)

Nathan Bransford, an agent with Curtis Brown, is doing a contest this week. Basically he asked for his blog followers to send in a query and the first 30 pages of their manuscript. He randomly chose five (I didn't make the random cut. Bummer.), and posted them on his blog for voting.

It's a lot harder than it seems, and I don't think I will sign up to be an agent any time soon.

All five queries are good. One completely stood out to me. But I would have a hard time choosing.

Tomorrow he is posting the 30 pages of each, and then he is having a discussion about what they discover on Thursday.

He is an agent that I would love to work with, but I'm obviously waiting until after Thursday's discussion before sending a query his way.

If you want to follow the contest: http://blog.nathanbransford.com

I can't get it to link, but you can also click on his name on the Blogs I Like list.

No comments:

Post a Comment